A Third Birthday

Thursday 24 April 2014



Recently we celebrated our Little Mr's 3rd Birthday.

We had a lovely day. This is the first Birthday where he has really known what is happening. It was great seeing him get really excited in the run up to it. He has been talking about it for weeks. I have been collecting bits for weeks and hiding them away but when it cam to wrapping them all it turned out that I had doubled up on some presents and forgotten I had already bought them.

One of my favourite Birthday moments is always laying out the presents the night before. I love the anticipation and the excitement that comes with his approval (hopefully) and enjoyment of the presents.
 
One of Little Mr's favourites at the moment is Fireman Sam so when we saw a fab pop up fire engine we knew we just had to get it. We also bought him a battery operated police bike which he loves. We were a little worried it would be too small but he adores it and it was a bargain to boot.


Something that was done in both of our families when we were children was to buy sibling a present too. We both remember this fondly so have decided to continue this with our children.
Each year I like to make Little Mr his Birthday cake. He had requested a fireman Sam one this year. Usually I search Pinterest for ideas and pick one I like and copy it as best I can but this year I decided to go with the flow. When I baked the cakes I was going to create a fire engine but quickly decided I wanted the number three so this cake somehow evolved at the end of a 4+ hour stint in the kitchen.
Last year we didn't really have a party for Little Mr as we had recently found out we were expecting Little Miss and I was feeling really rotten. This year however Little Mr had requested on. We invited mainly family and close friends, he had a ball though.






 











Little Mr was exhausted by the end of the day and so the four of us snuggled down on the sofa. However when Toy Story came on the TV he soon woke up. So we ended the day watching his favourite film with lots of sleepy cuddles. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read your comments, thank you if you are kind enough to add one. Ruth x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground